- Upon waking you often see white or grey coating on your tongue? Do you see it throughout the day?
- Does your breath have a foul smell?
- Do you have strong body odor?
- Are you sluggish or feel heavy after eating?
- Is your mind groggy in the morning?
- Do you catch colds more than once a year?
- Are you unmotivated or depressed?
- Do you often have loss of appetite?
- Does your stool sink?
- Do you feel congested in your body or mind?
If you answered yes to a few of these questions, you most likely have some ama in your body (most of us do by the end of winter). Typical treatments to move ama out of the body include one or all of the following practices: elimination diet, therapeutic sweating, oil massages, enemas, and yoga asanas. To learn more about Ayurveda and spring detox, visit your local Ayurvedic practitioner or register for Dr. Scott Blossom and my spring Seasonal Ayurveda and Yoga Immersion starting March 28 in Berkeley.
Spring is a great time to consider riding the body and mind of some ama to experience the highest and brightest energy of spring. Stay tuned for next month’s blog with more tips on how to keep yourself healthy and inspired during the seasonal transitions.