Yoga for Healthy Aging Intensive with Melina Meza and Baxter Bell, MD
September 22-29, 2019
Kripalu Center, Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Join Melina Meza and medical doctor Baxter Bell for an enlightening and informative program that focuses on practical strategies for a lifetime of vitality and well-being. This intensive includes expert medical information and adapted yoga postures for maintaining physical, mental, and emotional wellness. Practitioners learn to set themselves up for a lifetime of healthy living; 200-hour yoga teachers have the opportunity to receive Yoga for Healthy Aging certification.
- Daily practices to support the circulatory system and heart health
- Yoga for managing stress, optimizing brain health, and experiencing equanimity
- How and why yoga supports healthy aging
- Essential yoga poses, sequences, and other health-promoting practices
- Movement sequences for strength, flexibility, balance, and agility
- How to cultivate long-term balance
- Ayurveda for healthy aging
Yoga teachers can enhance their teaching toolkit, and yoga students of all levels can benefit from tools to create a personalized yoga program that meets their particular needs and concerns. READ MORE or REGISTER
For yoga practitioners at all levels and yoga teachers; please see important note below for information about certification.
INFORMATION ABOUT CERTIFICATION
Certification is offered for an additional fee of $150 and you must call to register. To be certified in Yoga for Healthy Aging, you must hold a 200-hour yoga teacher certification, provide proof of teacher-training completion, do a short teaching demonstration during the intensive week to the faculty’s satisfaction, and pass an open-book exam within three months of the last day of the intensive. Those interested in Yoga for Healthy Aging certification must call to register and mention the certification.