Here are a few of my favorite ways to manage prana and smooth out transitions in yoga and Ayurveda:
1) Set daily intention: Where do you want to place your life energy today? Keep it simple. Self-care suggestions: hydrate, meditation, exercise/yoga, meal times, community activities, art/creativity, and nature time.
2) Stay focused: Stop multi-taking; instead, focus on doing one thing at a time. You may be amazed by how much more energy you have at the end of the day when you stop multi-tasking!
3) Slow down in all that you do! Moving too quickly dries up your Ojas (vigor) and promotes, what we call in Ayurveda, untimely age. Untimely age is when the biological age is far more ahead of the chronological age. Slow and steady wins the race.
4) Silence: In quiet space, cultivate deeper listening to the rhythm your body craves free of outside influence. Deep listening invites prana to come back to your center and stabilizes your sense of self.
5) Self-Awareness: Each year, try to understand yourself more to help reduce lifestyle factors that impact prana regulation and wellness. For example: What type of yoga practices or exercise nourish you? How long do you need to practice to feel alert and awake? What foods are easier for you to digest? How does regular meditation practice affect the rest of your day? What stresses you out and can you work toward reducing the stressor/s?